Customer Success Stories:
Western Governor's University
Course Design and Development
THE CUSTOMER’S NEED
“My institution is facing challenges in student success in a particular course.”
Western Governors University, a competency-based online university, had difficulty with student success in Biochemistry. This subject has the largest enrollment of the institution and is used by both the Teacher’s College and Health Professions (Nursing School).
CBL-Based Curriculum Development
Wiley conducted a needs assessment with the WGU team to determine the custom course’s scope, sequence, and content strategy. For the final course, approximately 70% of the content was mapped and repurposed from existing Wiley courses, while the remaining 30% was developed made-to-order to WGU’s specifications to align with the institution’s online teaching model. All content was organized in modules comprising chapters and subchapters, each with knowledge check questions reflecting WGU’s unique approach to the subject. The course was delivered in Wiley’s Engage platform and there are currently 2,000 + students with an annual projection of 6500 students @ $60/student.